Skip to Content


What happens if I drive on Highway 407 ETR with a rental vehicle?

If you drive with a rental vehicle on Highway 407 ETR, the bill is sent to the rental car company directly (as the owner of the vehicle). It's up to the rental company to decide how to bill you for toll charges and/or additional administrative fees.

If you use your transponder in a rental vehicle, because there is no relationship between your transponder and the rental vehicle, charges will be billed to the rental company directly. These charges cannot be transferred to your account and the rental company will bill you for tolls and administrative fees.

Back to FAQ