Skip to Content


I still have a transponder from my previous vehicle. What do I do with it?

Please ensure any outstanding balances are paid in full and kindly return your transponder to 407 ETR. You can do so by mail or in-person.

Return by mail:
Please wrap the transponder in aluminum foil to prevent additional charges as a result of your device being inadvertently read in the event the courier uses Highway 407 ETR. Please mail it in a bubble wrapped envelope to prevent damage to the device and associated charges to your account.

Return in-person to:
407 ETR Head Office
6300 Steeles Ave. W.
Woodbridge, ON L4H 1J1

Please note: We have a secure drop-off box available 24 hours a day in front of the Head Office where you can also drop off a cheque payment. Provided that your account balance is paid in full and there is no further usage on Highway 407 ETR, your account will remain inactive and will be considered closed once the transponder has been returned.

Back to FAQ